Friday, November 15, 2019

My Online Presence


When I google my name, a few photos, articles and websites pop up. These articles and photos are mostly lacrosse related, stemming from HPU's athletics website. My lacrosse roster information comes up first, then following are articles that mention my name, then photos of me playing. After that I found my LinkedIn and Facebook profiles, as well as articles and roster information from high school sports teams. The social media accounts that I use most often don't initially appear in my Google search, however if I added the key word 'Instagram' to the search I'm sure I could access it. My social media accounts are all private, however the content I post on them is very respectable and responsible. This is for career and lacrosse purposes. Our coach does not allow us to post any type of inappropriate content, in the best interest of our team and our personal futures. If someone were to look at my Facebook, they would see nothing more than pictures my friends tag of me, all of which I monitor to make sure they are clean. The same goes for my LinkedIn and Instagram profiles, except I post occasionally with others or to update my personal and work experience. My email could be found on my LinkedIn, but no other personal information is visible from my social media accounts. I believe that social media can make people lonely or depressed if taken too seriously. Revealing too much personal information online can be dangerous and could get people into trouble. The most important thing I learned from Googling myself is that I should continue to keep a low profile online, especially regarding my personal life.

kaely kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment